Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition Autosave Error Fix
In this article, we will try to solve the "Autosave Error" problem that Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition players encounter while playing the game.
Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition players encounter the "Autosave Error" problem while playing the game, restricting their access within the game, thus interrupting the enjoyment of the game. If you are facing such a problem, we can solve the problem by following the suggestions we will mention below.
Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition What is Autosave Error?
Age of Empires III is a real-time strategy computer game developed by Microsoft's Ensemble Studios and published by Microsoft Game Studios. and Age of Empires II: The sequel to The Age of Kings. The game is based on the colonization activity of the Europeans in the Americas between the 16th and 19th centuries, after the discovery of America, and the founding of the USA. There are 8 European civilizations in the game, and the USA (Campaign only).
This error encountered is unable to connect to the game file and create a save file, thus limiting our access by encountering such a problem. For this, we will give you information on how to solve such an error by mentioning a few suggestions.
How To Fix Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition Autosave Error?
In order to solve this error encountered, we can reach the solution of the problem by performing the following suggestions.
1-) Verify Game File Integrity
We will verify the game file integrity and ensure to scan and download any missing or faulty files. For this;
- Open the Steam program.
- Open the library menu.
- Open the Features tab by right-clicking on the Age of Empires 3 Definitive Edition game on the left.
- Open the Local Files menu on the left side of the screen that opens.
- Click the "Verify integrity of game files" button in the Local Files menu we encountered.
2-) Delete Data Folder
Access the Age of Empires 3 Definitive Edition file directory where you installed it and select the game data folder. Then, open the "Data" folder in the folder and completely delete the folder inside and verify the file integrity of the game.
- Open it by typing "Run" in the start search screen.
- Type the folder directory "C:\Users\username\Games\Age of Empires 3 DE" in the search screen and press enter. (Type your Windows username where it says username.)
- Open your folder data in the folder we have reached and open the "Data" folder in it.
- Then empty the recycle bin by deleting all the files in it.
Verify game file integrity by performing the Verify game file integrity suggestion again after performing the deletion.
3-) Turn off Antivirus Program
If there is any antivirus program you are using, we can prevent such problems by turning it off or removing it. Any antivirus program we use may be blocking or quarantining the game we are going to open.
For this, in order to prevent this, we can remove the antivirus program completely by removing it permanently. If you want to keep your computer protected, you can open the game by disabling the access block given by the antivirus.